I VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
This privacy notice provides you with details of how I collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any information you may provide through this site when you purchase a product or service, or sign up to my newsletter.
By providing me with your data in any form, you warrant to me that you are over 18 years of age.
Dr Sharon Blackie is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data.
Full name: Sharon Blackie
Email address: sharon[at]sharonblackie[dot]net
If you have any questions about, or are unhappy with, the ways in which I collect and use your data, please contact me via the email address above.
WHAT DATA DO I COLLECT ABOUT YOU
‘Personal data’ means any information capable of identifying a particular individual.
I may collect certain types of data about you including:
- Identity Data may include your first and last name.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address.
- Financial Data All purchases pass through secure third-party payment systems; I do not collect any financial data other than your email and postal address (if provided) when you make a purchase through this website.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments and purchases made by you.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include the data you provide for the purpose of receiving newsletters from me.
- Usage data I may also collect information how the website is accessed and used. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of my website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Examples of cookies we use include:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate this website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
I do not collect any sensitive data about you. ‘Sensitive data’ refers to data that may include details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, genetic and biometric data, criminal convictions and offences.
HOW I COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on my site or by communicating with me by email or other direct communication method, including when you order my products or services, or subscribe to my newsletter;
- Contact and Transaction Data from providers of payment services.
HOW I USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I only use your personal data when legally permitted, and for the following purposes:
- For effecting the contract between us (ie supply of goods and services)
- To send you the email newsletters you’ve subscribed to
- For compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation (eg tax reporting)
- To provide and maintain this website
- To monitor the usage of this website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of this website when you choose to do so
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
I do not store your personal information in any databases which are external to the original source.
If you sign up for an online course, your name and email address will be entered into an email mailing list for provision of that course (MailChimp). If you sign up for a workshop, retreat, or other in-person event, your name and email address will be held in an email mailing list for information about that event, which will be permanently deleted on completion of the event.
You will receive marketing communications from me ONLY if you have personally subscribed to my newsletter using the link on my website. You may unsubscribe at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any newsletter, and your data will automatically be removed from the list by email service providers MailChimp.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below, and only for the purposes described:
- Service providers such as MailChimp (for newsletter provision), and Stripe or Paypal (for payment transactions).
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors or insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
Governmental regulators and authorities based in the UK and any other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of income, tax, customs, or related information.
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal information, to United Kingdom and process it there.
I will require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I will only allow ever such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
The security of your information is important to me, but please remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While I strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Appropriate security measures are in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, or altered or otherwise disclosed. I limit access to your personal data to those agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. All such data is considered confidential.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can find out about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email me at sharon[at]sharonblackie[dot]net. Please note that I will ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling these connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and consequently am not responsible for their privacy statements and practices. When you leave this website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every other website you visit.
You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies.
JOIN MY LIST
Subscribe to my newsletter and be among the first to hear all the latest news about my books, courses and events. You’ll receive free tips and reflections on cultivating the mythic imagination, and giveaways that are exclusively for subscribers. And a special gift as a thank you for joining us!