COURTING THE WORLD SOUL
Learn the fundamentals of working with the mythic imagination
Courting the World Soul – the foundation course to my core programme
The 8-week live, interactive course which began on October 21 2019 is now closed for registration. However, this course will be available from mid-December as an ongoing self-study, ‘on demand’ option (this option does not include access to a forum or to live calls, though videos of the live webinars from the original interactive course will be available for viewing) at a cost of £135. Please sign up to my newsletter at the bottom of the page to receive an email when enrolment is open.
– learn the fundamentals of working with the mythic imagination
– learn practical techniques to create a grounded, embodied practice for courting the anima mundi, the world soul of ancient tradition
– uncover the mythic themes and archetypes which are active in your life
– understand your own individual mythopoetic journey through this life, and the unique gift you bring to this world, at this time
Learn a wide range of practical techniques for working with images to create a grounded, embodied practice for courting the world soul including :
– My unique adaptation of Jung’s active imagination technique, as seen in The Red Book
– Creative practices (art, writing, journaling)
– Embodied practices (cultivating the imaginal with all the senses)
– Land-based practices: learning how to work stories and images from your ancestral traditions, and bring them back home to the place where your feet are planted now
Learn how to experience life mythically :
– Create a map of your own unique mythopoetic journey through this life, and of the forces at work in your own psyche
– Work on your own personal mythology, exploring the archetypal situations which are active in your life, and learning how to analyse and cultivate the images and archetypes in myths and fairy tales
– Explore your soul’s calling, and the unique gift which you bring to the world
– Develop a working knowledge of, and solid grounding in, key Western spiritual/ mystery traditions
Week by Week
– What is the world soul, and why should we engage with it?
– Cultivating the image.
– The Western mystery tradition: what is it, where did it come from, and is it relevant to our work today?
Dreamwork and dream-tending: how to work with the images which appear in our dreams, and engage with the wisdom they offer us.
Finding ourselves in fairy tales (a detailed dive into fairy tale imagery, motifs, themes and archetypes).
– What is myth, and why does it matter?
– Living mythically: how to recognise the myth you’re living and the archetypes that are active in your life.
– Personal mythmaking: how to write your own life story as a myth.
The Hero/Heroine’s Journey: how can myth and the imaginal help us to map our journey through life, and through specific life passages?
Navigating the other-than-human: how myths, fairy tales and folk tales teach us to negotiate with the wild (inner and outer); how they shed light on kinship, what it is to be human, and what it might mean to be ‘other’.
– Place as a map of the self: the archetypes of place, and the ways in which place informs who we are.
– Mapping the songlines and place-lines of our lives.
– Mapping the stories of place.
Calling: discovering and then exploring the unique gift which you bring to the world, and the soul-image you’ve always carried within you.
HOW IT WORKS
You’ll be able to download a written workbook for each of the eight Modules. Workbooks include background subject matter, and practical exercises and creative tools to help you work through the week’s material, and integrate the key practices into your own daily life.
You’ll be able to watch the recordings of eight 90-minute live teaching sessions, during which Sharon talks about each Module’s subject matter, and then takes questions. (These webinars formed part of the original, interactive version of this course and were recorded from October to December 2019.)
You’ll be able to download an audio recording, to guide you through Sharon’s unique version of Jung’s active imagination technique.
ENROL FOR THE COURSE
The 8-week live, interactive course which began on October 21 is now closed for registration.
However, this course will be available from mid-December as an ongoing self-study, ‘on demand’ option (this option does not include access to a forum or to live calls, though videos of the live webinars from the original interactive course will be available for viewing) at a cost of €145. Please sign up to my newsletter below to keep up to date with the opening of enrolment.