COURTING THE WORLD SOUL
Learn the fundamentals of working with the mythic imagination
Courting the World Soul – the foundation course to my new core programme
This unique eight-week interactive online course begins October 21, 2019
– learn the fundamentals of working with the mythic imagination
– learn practical techniques to create a grounded, embodied practice for courting the anima mundi, the world soul of ancient tradition
– uncover the mythic themes and archetypes which are active in your life
– understand your own individual mythopoetic journey through this life, and the unique gift you bring to this world, at this time
Learn a wide range of practical techniques for working with images to create a grounded, embodied practice for courting the world soul including :
– My unique adaptation of Jung’s active imagination technique, as seen in The Red Book
– Creative practices (art, writing, journaling)
– Embodied practices (cultivating the imaginal with all the senses)
– Land-based practices: learning how to work stories and images from your ancestral traditions, and bring them back home to the place where your feet are planted now
Learn how to experience life mythically :
– Create a map of your own unique mythopoetic journey through this life, and of the forces at work in your own psyche
– Work on your own personal mythology, exploring the archetypal situations which are active in your life, and learning how to analyse and cultivate the images and archetypes in myths and fairy tales
– Explore your soul’s calling, and the unique gift which you bring to the world
– Develop a working knowledge of, and solid grounding in, key Western spiritual/ mystery traditions
Week by Week
– What is the world soul, and why should we engage with it?
– Why myth matters: cultivating the image.
– The Western mystery tradition: what is it, where did it come from, and how do we reclaim its essential teachings for these dangerous times?
Dreamwork and dream-tending: how to work with the images which appear in our dreams, and engage with the wisdom they offer us.
Finding ourselves in fairy tales (a detailed dive into fairy tale imagery, motifs, themes and archetypes).
– Living mythically: how to recognise the myth you’re living and the archetypes that are active in your life.
– Personal mythmaking: how to write your own life story as a myth.
The Hero/Heroine’s Journey: how can myth and the imaginal help us to map our journey through life, and through specific life passages?
Navigating the other-than-human: how myths, fairy tales and folk tales teach us to negotiate with the wild (inner and outer); how they shed light on kinship, what it is to be human, and what it might mean to be ‘other’.
– Place as a map of the self: the archetypes of place, and the ways in which place informs who we are.
– Mapping the songlines and place-lines of our lives.
– Mapping the stories of place.
Calling: discovering and then exploring the unique gift which you bring to the world, and the soul-image you’ve always carried within you.
HOW IT WORKS
Your weekly workbook
Every week, for the duration of the course, you’ll be able to download your written workbook for each of the eight Modules. Workbooks include background subject matter, and practical exercises and creative tools to help you work through the week’s material, and integrate the key practices into your own daily life.
Each week, there’ll be a 90-minute live teaching session, during which Sharon will talk about that Module’s subject matter, and then take questions. (All calls will be recorded so that those who can’t make the scheduled time will still be able to view them.) Live sessions will take place at 4pm UK/Ireland time (for North America, that’s 8am Pacific time, 11am Eastern time), on Mondays.
In between class sessions, you’ll receive weekly emails which are designed to help you integrate each week’s material.
You can join our private forum (which will be hosted on this website) and be part of the online community which will explore issues raised by the course.
ENROL FOR THE COURSE
The course will begin on 21 October 2019, and you can register at any time up until October 20.
The course costs 295 euros.
We have a fixed and limited number of scholarships available for this course, at 50% of the full course fee. If you would like to apply for one, please email Sharon (see Contact page) with details of your circumstances.
If you have previously taken Sharon’s 6-month online self-study course, The Mythic Imagination, you’re entitled to a reduction of €60 on this new course; please email with your information for details. (Although some of the information in the new course will be the same, much will not.)
* Please agree to the course Terms & Conditions to continue
1. Please note that no refunds can be given for online course purchases.
2. You will continue to have access to the course materials after your course has ended, but we strongly recommend that you download all the PDFs of written materials as you go along.
3. The course fee is per person; you may not share the course material with others who are not enrolled.
4. All of the course material is copyright, and it may not be quoted, or used in your own work, or used in any other way without Sharon’s written permission.
5. If you are registered for VAT, a VAT receipt can be provided on request.
JOIN MY LIST
Subscribe to my newsletter and be among the first to hear all the latest news about my books, courses and events. You’ll receive free tips and reflections on cultivating the mythic imagination, and giveaways that are exclusively for subscribers. And a special gift as a thank you for joining us!