a psyche the size of earth
An online gathering in the Bone Cave
Saturday September 18, 2021
14.30 – 19.00 UK time
(Please search the web to convert to your own time zone)
An online gathering to explore our connection to place
As our crumbling social, political and religious institutions continue to fail us, and as we watch the consequences of our own actions choke the planet, more and more people are looking elsewhere for answers to the ever-more urgent question of how we should live now. Looking to the wisdom which all the old stories tell us can be found on the fringes, in the forest, in the wild thickets of the ancient hedge. In our own native European wisdom and mystery traditions – the rich ancestral lineage which so few are aware that we possess. It’s time to reclaim those traditions, and weave them into an authentic, grounded practice for very different times.
The roots of our ancient traditions are anchored in the land, and the land is our greatest teacher. In this workshop, we’ll work with the ways in which we can court and embed ourselves in the psyche of this beautiful animate earth. We’ll explore these questions:
- How can we put our roots down deeply into this ancient earth, and find our sense of the sacred there again?
- How can we find the gods in our places again?
- How can we engage in conversation with the other-than-humans in our places? – compose a riddle for Trickster Crow, dance with the west wind, serenade the waxing moon?
- How do we live in a spirit of ceremony, and work intentionally, to deepen our encounters with the mystery which penetrates the world around us?
how it works
Our gathering will take place via Zoom, in a format which enables us to enjoy each other’s faces, and to break out into discussion groups to deepen our connections with other participants. Our gathering will include story, poetry, teachings, participant discussion groups and creative prompts. I will also be joined by Heather Munro Pierce, founder of the Women’s BodyMystik Dance Tribe, who will lead us in a session of embodied wisdom through dance.
This event will be recorded, and will be available for viewing afterwards.
(If you need to find out the event timing in your own part of the world, a simple web search will provide the information you need.)
How TO JOIN
The fee for this gathering is £40. Please follow the link below to make your payment using any credit or debit card. (For those of you in other countries: currency exchange rates change by the hour, and so we’re not able to tell you what the cost of this course is in your currency. This currency converter offers you live rates, though they may or may not reflect the rates actually given to you by your bank or credit card provider. It will, however, give you an indication.)
IMPORTANT: While paying and registering, you will be asked to create a username and password which will allow you to log into the Members’ Area of this website, visit the event ‘Welcome’ page, and so access your recording. It’s important that you make a note of these details; you won’t be able to view the recording or access the resources if you do not have them.
* Please agree to the workshop Terms & Conditions to continue
- No refunds can be given for this event.
- You will have access to the recording and resource page for the lifetime of this website.
- The fee is per person; you may not share the recording or resources with others who are not enrolled.
- Material presented in ‘The Bone Cave’ gatherings is copyright, and it may not be quoted, or used in your own work, or used in any other way without Sharon’s written permission.
- Privacy notice: please be aware that this online Zoom gathering will be recorded, and a video will be made available to participants and to future purchasers of the recording. If you make a contribution in a recorded gathering, you are giving us your consent to record that contribution. If you prefer not to be seen or heard, then you can of course switch off or mute your camera or microphone at any time. Chat sessions are not recorded.
JOIN MY PACK
Subscribe to my newsletter and be among the first to hear all the latest news about my books, courses and events. You’ll receive free tips and reflections on cultivating the mythic imagination, and giveaways that are exclusively for subscribers. And a special gift as a thank you for joining us!