Sisters of rock & Root
Building a deep, embodied sense of belonging to the place you live in
Sisters of Rock and Root is a unique year-long self-study online course; an experience for women who want to delve deeply into wild stories, myths and archetypes, and so to connect in a grounded, rooted way with the cycles and seasons of the year, and the themes associated with them as they arise in your own life.
This course is focused on building a deep, embodied sense of belonging to the place you live in right now.
Rooting yourself in the cycles of the living land
‘Sisters of Rock and Root’ is organised around the eight seasonal festivals which many of us in Ireland and other Celtic countries still acknowledge. The Winter and Summer Solstices, and the Spring and Autumn Equinoxes, are focused on astronomical events and so are relevant to anyone, no matter where you live in the world. The other four, which are sometimes called ‘cross-quarter festivals’ (Imbolc, Bealtaine, Lughnasa and Samhain), have specific connotations here in Ireland, but the themes which we will work with during these times are sufficiently universal and archetypal that they will resonate with anyone interested in grounding themselves in the cycles and seasons of the year.
‘Sisters of Rock and Root’ is not about practicing any particular brand of spirituality; it is about deepening your relationship with the land you occupy, using the eight festivals as anchor points. From this grounding, ‘Sisters of Rock and Root’ offers you ways of carrying forward the lessons that you’ll learn here into your own unique journey through life.
WHAT YOu WILL receive
Subscribe to this year-long course, and at each of the eight seasonal festivals, you will be able to download:
– An illustrated telling of a Celtic/ European myth or fairy tale which has relevance to the issues and themes that we are reflecting on during the season in question, and a discussion of the psychological and ecopsychological issues that arise from that story. We’ll explore the key themes and images in each story, and the ways in which it connects us back to the land and its seasons and natural cycles, and its nonhuman inhabitants.
– An illustrated introduction to each of the eight seasonal festivals and the themes and ideas that each season offers us.
– A narrative guide for you to follow: one which you will slowly piece together over the eight instalments of the course, and which will allow you to experience the transformative power of myth and story in your own life. This material focuses on building our relationship with place, and on building a sense of belonging to the world.
How TO JOIN
You can join at any time during the year and the course will be available to you through a full calendar year, so that you can cover all eight instalments in order. Subscribers in both the northern and the southern hemispheres will be able to work with the materials that are relevant to their own seasons and calendars.
When you sign up to Sisters of Rock and Root, you’ll be prompted to create a login which will allow you access to the ‘Membership’ section of my website. A few days before each seasonal festival, you will receive an email reminding you to log in and view the relevant course material, which you can download and work through in your own time, as your schedule permits.
The course fee is £100. Please follow the link below to make your payment using any credit or debit card.
* Please agree to the course Terms & Conditions to continue
- No refunds can be given for online course purchases.
- You will continue to have access to the course materials after your course has ended, but we strongly recommend that you download all the PDFs of written materials as you go along.
- The course fee is per person; you may not share the course material with others who are not enrolled.
- All of the course material is copyright, and it may not be quoted, or used in your own work, or used in any other way without Sharon’s written permission.
- If you are registered for VAT, a VAT receipt will be provided on request.