the mythic imagination network
A private space to gather, learn, and deepen your own unique mythopoetic journey through life
Join my community
Sign up now at the bottom of this page
I’m delighted to invite you to The Mythic Imagination Network, a private space for building community, as well as offering a safe space and sounding board for exploring and enhancing your own unique mythopoetic journey through life. All those who are interested in cultivating the mythic imagination as a way of life are welcome here: lovers of myth and story; artists, writers, activists; those interested in Jungian and archetypal psychology, spiritual seekers … Share, reflect, learn and grow with likeminded travellers through the enchanted forests of the psyche. Offer articles or videos of your own, join discussion groups, explore exclusive content from me and guest teachers, receive discounts on online courses – and more.
Why does the mythic imagination matter? Because the world is changing. The old stories that Western civilisation has been living by for the past few centuries – stories of limitless growth, of the pursuit of progress as the primary purpose of life, of human separation from and domination over ‘nature’ – are crumbling. These are the stories of the patriarchy, of the heroic. The post-heroic stories which we need to replace those destructive tales will be born from this time-between-stories, and from the imaginations of visionaries and myth-makers like those who are gathered together in our community. We especially need the stories of the land; the stories of our native traditions, and the wisdom which is encoded within them.
This community is for you if:
– You feel as if you’re between stories, and are looking for new myths to illuminate who you are, and what your place in the world might be;
– You’re yearning for meaning, and for ways of feeling a profoundly embodied sense of belongingness to this beautiful, animate Earth;
– You’d like to understand your own individual mythopoetic journey: to understand the mystery which lies at the heart of you, and to uncover the unique gift that you alone can offer to the world in these challenging times;
– You’d like to learn how to cultivate your mythic imagination, and understand the mythic and archetypal patterns at work beneath the surface of your life and in the world around you;
– You’re longing to live a life that embraces mystery, and is bursting with possibility – an authentic life that will challenge you to wholeheartedly inhabit your unique calling;
– You’d like to move beyond the merely theoretical, to be invited to create new ways of thinking about the world and your place in it, and new practices which will help you to live more deeply and richly, every day.
– A safe space in which to share stories and experiences with likeminded people, and uncover ways to help you navigate your journey through the deep, wild, mysterious woods of the psyche
– Seven ‘gateways’ to focus our discussions and learning:
MYTH, FAIRY TALES AND FOLKLORE – the relevance of our native myths, fairy tales and folk traditions to the personal, social and environmental problems we face today
RECLAIMING THE MYTHIC FEMININE – how can myth, story and our old native traditions help us to reimagine the feminine today?
CULTIVATING THE MYTHIC IMAGINATION – how to work with myth, archetypes, dreams, fairy tales, divinatory techniques; how to explore creative and expressive practices to develop the mythic imagination
WESTERN SPIRITUALITY & WISDOM TRADITIONS – for those who’d like to explore Western spiritual/mystery traditions, and our native wisdom traditions – Celtic, Scandinavian and more – here in Europe
PLACE AND BELONGING – how to cultivate deep and enduring relationships to the places we inhabit
MYTH AND MEDICINE – for lovers of plants and herbs, and the stories and wisdom they carry
DEPTH AND ARCHETYPAL PSYCHOLOGY – for those who’d like to explore ideas in contemporary depth and archetypal psychology
– Groups to gather together for deep explorations:
The Moon Lodge: younger women and women enjoying their middle years are welcome to join The Moon Lodge
The House of Elders: If you’re going through menopause, or are post-menopausal, you’re welcome to join the House of Elders
If there’s demand, we would be more than happy to set up similar spaces for men, for transgender men and women who’d like to explore and reimagine their own unique stories and mythic and archetypal patterns, and for those who identify as queer/nonbinary
Discussion groups for those of you interested in the issues in Sharon’s books, including an opportunity, available only to our members, to keep up to date with the ideas behind her new work-in-progress, Hagitude, and to share your thoughts and ideas on the stories of female elderhood
Dedicated discussion forums for each of Sharon’s online courses, for those who are enrolled
– Exclusive articles and videos from Sharon each month, in which she shares what she’s thinking about and working on
– A bimonthly book club, including a live Zoom webinar, in which we delve deeply into a work of fiction inspired by myth and fairy tales
– A weekly invitation from your hosts to engage with a new idea or practice
– Regular content from guest teachers and contributors
– Useful resources to help you cultivate your mythic imagination
– Exclusive member-only discount of 10% on new online courses
Join us for a deep dive into the Mythic Imagination
JOIN MY PACK
Subscribe to my newsletter and be among the first to hear all the latest news about my books, courses and events. You’ll receive free tips and reflections on cultivating the mythic imagination, and giveaways that are exclusively for subscribers. And a special gift as a thank you for joining us!